Celebrate and engage in Case Western Reserve University’s culture of innovation and entrepreneurship during the second annual Innovation Week, held Tuesday, Sept. 26, through Friday, Sept. 29.
All faculty, staff, students and community members are encouraged to attend Innovation Week, including the four featured lunchtime sessions. Free meals and networking time will be available during each session.
Day 1: Kickoff luncheon and keynote speaker
Tuesday, Sept. 26
MIT Professor Vladimir Bulovic will give the keynote address and the Faculty Distinguished Research Awards will be presented.
Day 2: Luncheon and panel discussion on “Innovation as Problem Solving at Scale”
Wednesday, Sept. 27
This panel discussion will feature:
- Freddy Collier, senior vice president of strategy and new initiatives at Greater Cleveland Partnership;
- Ethan Karp, president and CEO of MAGNET; and
- Mary Wadel (GRS ’98), director of technology integration and partnerships at NASA.
John Paul Stephens, associate professor of organizational behavior at Weatherhead School of Management, will moderate.
Innovator of the Year Awards also will be presented.
Day 3: Luncheon and panel discussion on “Innovation and Corporate Engagement”
Thursday, Sept. 28
This panel will feature:
- Julie Edgar, Lubrizol chief technology officer;
- Steve Sumner, vice president for corporate innovation at Lincoln Electric; and
- Rohan Akolkar, the Milton and Tamar Maltz Professor of Energy Innovation.
Michael Oakes, senior vice president for research and technology at CWRU, will moderate
Milestone Awards also will be presented.
Day 4: Innovation Week Poster Pitch Contest
Friday, Sept. 29
Students and postdocs will compete for 10 $1,000 awards.
Review the full schedule and register for events in CampusGroups, including daily workshops, mentoring sessions, tours of Interactive Commons, Veale Institute Entrepreneurship Series Speakers, and more.