According to the new 2020 Future of Jobs report by the World Economic Forum, there will be an increasing demand for skills related to Innovation and Creativity between now and 2025.
Of the Top 5 skills listed there as having a growing importance and demand for the future, creativity and innovation are related to four out of the top 5.
Listed in the image above are the Top 15 Skills needed by companies by 2025, with the ones related to creativity and innovation highlighted by my beautiful red squiggly stars.
It is immediately obvious how important innovation and creativity are as part of that list.
These highly sought after skills include:
This continues the trend we saw in previous Future of Jobs surveys, which listed creativity as as the third most important skill needed by companies by 2020.
Another interesting insight from this year’s report is what types of skills are becoming more or less important for the future. As outlined in the other interesting figure from the report below, the skills of Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving show the most rapid increase in importance over the next five years.
Again, these types of skills are closely related to the ability to think creatively and come up with new solutions to problems.
The survey was conducted with the World Economic Forum, with responses from 291 of the largest companies across the world, directly representing more than 7.7 million employees worldwide.
How do you think these skills will affect the future of work?
Let me know in the comments, and share this article if you also think creative and innovation skills will be important in the future.
Subscribe to the Podcast
Listen and Subscribe to the Idea to Value Podcast. The best expert insights on Creativity and Innovation. If you like them, please leave us a review as well.
Want to rapidly validate new ideas and innovative products and GROW your online business?
- The best email management and campaigns system: ActiveCampaign (Free Trial)
- Best value web hosting: BlueHost WordPress
- Landing pages, Sales Pages and Lead collection: LeadPages (Free Trial)
- Sharing & List building: Sumo (Free)
- Payments, Shopping Cart, affiliate management and Upsell generator: ThriveCart
- Video Webinars for sales: WebinarJam and Everwebinar ($1 Trial)
- Membership for protecting content: Membermouse (Free Trial)
- eLearning System for students: WP Courseware
- Video Editing: Techsmith Camtasia
I have used all of the above products myself to build IdeatoValue and Improvides, which is why I can confidently recommend them. I may also receive affiliate payments for any business I bring to them using the links above.
Latest posts by Nick Skillicorn (see all)
- Survey shows the most important skills for 2025 will be creativity and innovation – November 24, 2020
- Podcast S4E87: Sahar Yousef – Making Superhumans – November 19, 2020
- Podcast S4E86: Linda Naiman – Creative Resilience – November 12, 2020
- Podcast S4E85: Cliff Goldmacher – What business can learn from songwriting – November 5, 2020