Butterfly Innovation Award fund at 30,000 EUR – 6 most successful ideas to get 5,000 EUR each
Sarajevo – The Regional Cooperation Council (RCC) is inviting creative minds to apply for the 2nd round of Regional Butterfly Innovation Award for innovative, scalable, and market-based solutions from the Western Balkans. The Butterfly Innovation Award fund is set at 30,000 EUR, where the best solution in each of the 6 categories will get the prize of 5,000 EUR.
As last year, you can apply for up to two out of six categories:
• Industry Innovation (metal-processing, creative industries, agrofood, green & circular economy, tourism, fintech, edtech, biotech, healthtech, etc.);
• Green Innovation (climate action, sustainable energy, mobility & agriculture, fight against pollution, nature and biodiversity protection, etc.);
• STEM Innovation (science, technology, engineering and mathematics);
• Youth Innovation (recognising undergraduate university or high school students);
• University Innovation (recognising entrepreneurial culture at universities);
• Women Innovation (recognising women innovators and entrepreneurs).
We invite eligible individuals and organisations to apply and take part in this competition.
Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the Western Balkans. Entries must fit within one of the official award categories and the innovative solutions must demonstrate an active impact in the Western Balkans. CHECK OUT THE RULES.
The second regional Butterfly Innovation Award aims to continue supporting the Western Balkans’ economic development by embracing digital transformation and fostering environmental sustainability, and promoting the innovation culture in the region through showcasing successful innovative achievements and empowering especially sensitive groups such as youth and women. Road to innovation is not an easy one, but we will be glad if we can help on your path.
The application process is open from today until 15 November 2023. The Butterfly Innovation Award winners will be announced at an event within one month after the submission deadline.
Join us in finding original and unique solutions from our region!
Regional Butterfly Innovation Award is financed by the European Union and implemented by the RCC. It is a part of the Common Regional Market Action Plan for the Western Balkans.