Finland Innovation Day 2018
The 2018 edition of the highly-popular annual EIT Digital Finland Innovation Day will take place on December 11th, 2018, at Dipoli, Espoo Otaniemi. Last year, almost 300 people attended the event!
Program (to be amended)
9.00: Registration and Coffee.
10:00: Welcome & opening: EIT Digital Finland Node Director, Marko Turpeinen.
10.15: Three inspiring Key Notes, each elaborating the topic of “Smart Cities and Smart Mobility” from their respective angles of cities as the owner of the sandbox, an innovator visioning the future, and an industry representative as an enabler.
11:45: Startup stage aka “One Minute Madness” – ten one minute long pitches from startups disrupting the urban life.
13:00: Keynote by our Digital Cities Action Line Leader, Stéphane Péan.
13:20: “Cities as Platforms – Changing Use of Urban Space” panel discussion.
14:30: Two EIT Digital innovation stories crossing the Finland and France Nodes.
14:55: Closing words: Marko Turpeinen.
Don’t miss our exhibition
Parallel to the afternoon program, you will have the opportunity to explore the demos of selected EIT Digital Innovation Activities.
Among the 20 exhibitors, will be the following EIT Digital Innovation Activities, each presented by our partners:
- Capiche (bridging the gap for refugees with crowd trained artificial intelligence, Aalto University)
- Security Operations Center For Critical Infrastructure (F-Secure)
- iMove (artificial intelligence platform that detects physical health-related conditions in the workplace – University of Oulu)
- Startup to Scaleup Launchpad Europe (assist startups to grow and succeed by facilitating the cooperation with investors and corporations – Espoo Marketing & Nokia)
- Augmented Reality for Collaborative Urban Planning (VividWorks & VTT)
- Smart Delivery Network for Urban Areas (Bookit).
The following startups have confirmed their attendance at the Exhibition:
- MOPRIM (motion sensing company offering a SaaS Platform)
- GIM and Sensible 4 (vehicle automation systems for harsh Nordic winter conditions and extreme environments)
- Ultrahack (Ultrahack combines hackathons, an innovation platform and accelerators in a unique manner).
Expand and strengthen your professional network
An “Open for All Attendees” online matchmaking tool will be available for you to maximize your visit to our Innovation Day by establishing new value-adding relationships.